INTERNET PROTECTION POLICY
By collecting this information, we act as data controllers and, by law, we are obligated to
provide you with information about us, why and how we use your data, and the rights you
have over it.
According to the EU General Regulation on Personal Data Protection, personal data are defined as:
"Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject). An identifiable person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an Internet identifier or one or more factors relating to physical, physiological, genetic, intellectual, financial, cultural or social identity of the natural person concerned” (Article 4 of the GIP).
Who we are: We are the MEDITERRANEAN EDUCATIONAL CENTER - MEK LLLC SA
You can contact our GPA Compliance Officer (GDPR) and our data protection representatives directly here:
Ms. Koumaropoulou Parthenope
Tel. +30 2310 527722
What personal data do we collect?
How do we use your information?
This Protection Policy states how we, the MEDITERRANEAN EDUCATIONAL CENTER - MEK LLLC SA. we will collect and use your personal data to provide you with our services, to keep in touch with you and to manage requests or complaints you submit to us or to optimize our services, for the purposes of direct promotional information and market research. To exercise management within our company and to manage and protect the information technology
infrastructure of our company.
MEK will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. We will try to keep your information accurate and up-to-date and not keep it for longer than necessary for the purpose of maintaining it. How long certain types of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business requirements and agreed practices as well as requirements of common law.
Why do we collect this information?
In order to get ahead of our website and provide you with our services we need to collect personal data. In any case, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not infringe on your privacy. The information collected through cookies allows us to remember you and your preferences when using this website in order to provide you with a better browsing experience as well as higher quality services. In particular, using the Google Analytics service we use this data to determine the number of people who use our site, to better understand how they find and
use our website and to see their progress within the site. Although Google records data such as your geographical location, your device, your web browser, and your operating system, none of this information is personally identifiable to us.
Are you going to share my data with someone else?
We may share your personal data with third party service providers linked to our website. Any third parties with whom we share your personal data are obliged to keep your data secure and only within the framework of lawful processing purposes. Our company does not process or transmit your sensitive personal data to third parties without your explicit consent, unless there is another legal reason for processing or obligation. Your information is stored in the processing system of our web hosting provider and other internet service providers such as Google, which is headquartered in the USA and is certified in the EU-US Privacy Security with adequate protection measures.
Our company does not use the information you provide to us to make any automated decision that may affect you.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your navigation information usually anonymous and for the duration of your stay on our site. However, it is possible for your data to be retained for a reasonable period of time. In case you send us a request, the retention time of the data that you provide to us yourself (e.g. contact details with you) varies depending on the time of satisfaction of your request.
Your rights to your information:
The LLLC at your request, it can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is
processed. Since MEK retains personal data for you, you can request the following
• Identity and contact details of the controller who has decided how and why to process your data.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for the processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, information about these interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• The recipient or categories of recipients to whom the data was / will be made available.
• If and when we transfer personal data to a Third country or international organization, information on how to ensure that this is done securely. The EU has approved the sending of personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum level of data protection. In other cases, we ensure that there are special measures in place to secure your information.
• The length of time your data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, delete, restrict, or object to certain edits.
• Information about your right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• The manner of submitting a complaint to the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failure to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it was not collected directly by you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling and the significance and expected consequences of such processing (if and when it is actually done).
To request by email, mail or phone, please use the contact details provided above.
Your right to complain
If you have any complaints about the use we make of your information, you can contact us as well as the Personal Data Protection Authority.
For more information visit the website: